MY SUPER 8 MOVIE!
A Contest Celebrating Super 8 Filmmaking
The highly anticipated summer blockbuster film "Super 8" is set in the summer of 1979. "A group of friends in a small Ohio town witness a catastrophic train crash while making a super 8 movie and soon suspect that it was not an accident. Shortly after, unusual disappearances and inexplicable events begin to take place in town, and the local Deputy tries to uncover the truth - something more terrifying than any of them could have imagined."(source: imdb.com)
Does this bring you back to the making of one of your first Super 8 movies? Most of the film industry greats started out this way, making movies on Super 8 film. Wouldn't it be remarkable to share your early film as part of our "Super 8" the movie celebration?
In celebration of J.J. Abrams movie "Super 8", we want to see your Super 8 movie! Pro8mm will be giving away prizes for 8 lucky super 8 filmmaker's original super 8 films. Prizes include a 4 roll film package or get your original SD Super 8 film scanned for free to native 1080 HD with a free digital HD version of your film!
How To Enter MY SUPER 8 MOVIE CONTEST:
- Upload your Super 8 movie or trailer to YOUTUBE
- Email your YouTube link to Jaclyn@pro8mm.com, and she will send you a contest entry form.
- Once your link and entry form are received, our "preview committee" will watch your film and review your form to make sure your film meets are entry requirements
- If your film is approved, we will post a link to your video under our "FAVORITES" on the "My Super 8 Movie Contest" channel on You Tube, (Pro8mm's Contest Channel),http://www.youtube.com/pro8mmcontest
- Votes will be solicited from the public. Voting will be done via the YouTube
- "Likes and Comments" feature.
- The winners will be announced via the YouTube Channel, our Facebook page (www.thefacebook.com/pro8mm), and our monthly newsletter.
- The top "8" winners will win either a 4 roll film package, or get their original SD Super 8 film scanned for free to native 1080 HD to Pro Res!
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Your entry must be an actual film that is at least one roll of Super 8 film, but does not exceed 30 minutes. Test footage is excluded.
- All entries must be uploaded to YouTube, and emailed to us in that format. We will not accept films mailed to our office, or posted on other Internet sites as contest entries.
- All entries must be submitted by June 30th, 2011 so we have time to review and pick the winners.
Below is a SAMPLE CONTEST ENTRY, "Ms. Marvel's Day Off," directed by Ruckus Skye, D.P. by Pete Wages.
SAMPLE SUPER 8 MOVIE CONTEST ENTRY